Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Typography: Introducing Hornbeam

Last week I attended a workshop by Minneapolis based font designer Chank Diesel. Since then I have had the idea in my mind that I need to create my own font. While sitting through a lecture recently, I sketched out half of a lowercase "h" on the bottom of a quiz and hornbeam was born. I named it hornbeam because those were the first letters I created. I later found out that a hornbeam is a type of tree. Unrelated, I know.

I now almost have the whole lowercase alphabet finished and am excited to start on uppercase and for my first font ever I think it looks pretty good. I am really looking forward to being able to type with a totally original font. I'll share the entire font when I get that far. Until then, let me know what you think of these first characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment