Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cattle, Parents & Pixels 
{Meadow Creek Shorthorns Website}

I grew up with livestock. I've bottle fed baby lambs, dehorned cattle and even shaved a pig (Yes, I said 'shaved a pig'. Not necessarily a common practice in the pork production industry, but a current trend in the show pig circuit).  Over the years, thousands of hooves have passed over the rolling pastures of my parent's farm. Different species and breeds have come and gone. Now, Dad has about 15 head of Shorthorn cows and has the dream (maybe more mine than his) of selling the calves as show cattle. 

I have recently began working on a website for my dad and our Meadow Creek Shorthorns cattle company. This is the first "real" website I have designed. Because of this, I am second guessing every little decision that I make. I know that it is for my dad so he will like it regardless, but it is for my dad so I want him to be proud of it and my skills as a fledgling designer. We'll see how it goes, I guess.  

Below is a little taste of what I have worked up so far. I'm thinking this could work nicely in a logo design for any future identity pieces, advertisements and online.


Shorthorn Heifer vector graphic

1 comment:

  1. I love shorthorns. It almost looks like the white part is some sort of visual. Don't know if that's the intent or not. If not, could work a visual into the white of the shorthorn. Some white on one of the front legs might help differentiate it from the other one.
    Ethan Swanson

    ReplyDelete