Thursday, March 15, 2012

Typography: Moving from Paper to Pixels

I have finally finished drawing out all of my lowercase letters and due to the time constraints of working within a school-year schedule have decided to jump into the software with them rather than finish the uppercase, numbers, punctuation, etc.

I scanned my drawings and have begun tracing the outlines in Illustrator, then I copy the paths into TypeTool to resize and adjust paths as needed. At this point, it appears that everything is working alright, but I'm afraid that the paths I am drawing in Illustrator are looking too smooth and polished, undoing the hand-drawn look that I am aiming for.

I keep reminding myself that this isn't the end-all be-all with this font and I can always go back and redo things. It's all part of learning process, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment